Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Weekend

So this past weekend I turned the big 2-0! It's a weird feeling... I think I'll just stay at 20 for a while. Besides, everyone always wishes they were 20 again, so if I just stay here then I'll never have to worry about it! I've never been a very big fan of birthdays because I hate planning a party for myself and so my family usually decides to do some sort of surprise. I've had about 6 or 7 "unplanned" parties in my life. But this year was great! No unexpected big deal party, I didn't have to get dressed up or deal with a bunch of people I didn't care to be with on my birthday. I just went to church, spent time with my dad and brother and got to talk to my friends on the phone. Dad made me a great dinner and I got to watch the first episode to the new season of The Next Food Network Star! Oh yeah and I got to eat cake! Honestly, nothing could have been better except maybe having my besties around, but they are all so far away... :( So talking to them was great!

I love having a break from school in the summer, but I really miss the lifestyle of college life. I'm really excited for my trip and to go back to school in the fall. I'm like in love with the apartment that I'll be moving into because it's unbelievably close to campus and not sharing a room anymore will be tons of fun! I want to decorate it really cute and I have a few fun ideas, but I'm waiting to hear back from the management company to see if there is any possibility for me to paint the walls. I doubt they will let me, but it's worth a try!!! I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment: