Friday, July 3, 2009

Edinburgh, Scotland

So, someone had the longest plane ride of their life!!! I had a 2 hour flight to Portland to meet up with Katie, then a 10 hour flight to Germany that was one of my least favorite experiences so far! Not only did we end up on a German airline, where everything and everyone were Germand, but our seats wern't together (we got that fixed), my little in seat t.v. didn't work very well, and everyone smelled and was drinking (which we couldn't fix!)... And by the end of this flight, we were both so tired, that we had the giggles which severly angered the mean lady across the isle... mean glares all around! After we got to Germany, we had a 4 hour lay over and then a 2 hour trip to Edinburgh which went fairly well. We took a cab to our B&B and then spent a few hours touring the "Royal Mile." Everything is so beautiful here! But when you're tired, it's hard to see. We did get to have a really cool experience climbing up to "Aurthur's Seat" to watch the sun set which was at 10:30! We were deffinitly glad to hit the sack. I had been up for over 36 hours!

Today we toured the Scottish Highlands on a tour bus. Again, it was so pretty, everything was the richest color of green and so lush. Unfortunatly we didn't get to see any Scottish Highland Cows, but that's ok because we got to see Sterling Castle... which had an absolutly beautiful view. I promise that I will try to post picks as soon as I can, it might be difficult because I don't have my computer, but I'll see what I can work out.

I hope you are all doing well. I miss everyone but I'm haveing a great time!

Loves!
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. you'll take the high road
    and I'll take the low road
    and I'll get to scotland before ye
    where me and my true love will never meet again
    on the bonny bonny banks of loch lomond!

    haha I'm so happy you're seeing the highlands! so green!

    ReplyDelete