Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm a fee-on-say!


The proposal was perfect for the two of us. I had spent about a month looking at rings and finally narrowed it down to three and told him to choose his favorite. I didn't know that he had picked it up on Friday so I wasn't really expecting the proposal for awhile. On Monday he said he was having a long day at work and just needed to get out of Provo (not unusual) and he wanted to go to a BBQ restaurant on Main Street in Park City that we love and have been talking about going to for a long time. We ate there on our first date :) So he picked me up and I started to get a little suspicious because he was really nervous.

When we got to the restaurant we were ignored by 4 different servers and it took 15 minutes before anyone came to get our drinks so I started thinking it was a set up... it wasn't, they just were not paying attention. So they brought us free cake, which again made me think he had set it up. When we finished dinner and left I thought he might have chickened out and decided not to do it. We walked around and looked in some galleries and antique stores then we got to a small side street that had trees c

overed in white lights and some fire places outside the restaurants and that is where he proposed! It was very sweet and it was just the two of us which is exactly what I would have done if I planned it!

At first he wasn't getting down on one knee and I blurted out "Get down, my dad says you have to be on one knee." He was a little surprised and so was I... but he did and I said yes, then cried. We even took a picture and you can see my face is wet and my mascara is a mess :) We'll be getting married in May at the San Diego temple!

1 comment:

  1. AH! Nicole this is so sweet - I'm so happy for you! You will make the most beautiful bride (I can't wait to see pictures!)

    ReplyDelete